WARREN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
MAY 2018 - History Month!
- May 7 - FOUNDERS' DAY - at the Municipal Building from 3 - 6 p.m. - We will be honoring our BHPC founders: former Mayor and Committeewoman the late ANITA ARDIA, and the late HELEN HALL, Blairstown Historian. We will honor the role they played in founding our Committee in 2001 and celebrate their dedication to local history. The record books and artifacts of Helen Hall will be on display. We will also pay tribute to historians in Blairstown's history over time.
- May 10 - BLAIRSTOWN'S FOUR NAMES - at the CDH Library from 1 - 2:30 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Lecture requested by the North Warren Seniors.
- May 12 - 125th ANNIVERSARY OF OUR FOOTBRIDGE - at Footbridge Park starting at 11:00 a.m. - Join us for a tour, talk, and celebration of the Footbridge down at Footbridge Park. The footbridge turns 125 years old this year and was installed by John I. Blair for the community.
- May 16 - HERITAGE OPEN HOUSE - at the Blairstown Municipal Building from 3 - 7 p.m. - Come and view amazing quilts, crafts, and other artifacts donated to Blairstown Historic Preservation. A beautiful tribute to Blairstown's cultural heritage.
- May 26- VETERANS TRIBUTE AT CEDAR RIDGE CEMETERY - at Cedar Ridge Cemetary, Rt. 94. Tours are at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - Join us as we pay tribute to the Veterans interred at Cedar Ridge Cemetery on Rt. 94 in Blairstown (across from Tractor Supply)
- Blairstown High School Alumni Banquet - "Memories of Blairstown High School" presentation by BHPC Chair, Christine Beegle.
- July 4 - Fourth of July at Footbridge Park! See our booth located by the HIstoric Footbridge!
- EMS Day - Date TBD - Held Annually at Sycamore Park to recognize all of branches of our Emergency Services. Come visit our booth to learn the history of Blairstown's EMS organizations!
- September 15 - Warren County Preservation Day! Visit our booth at the Roseberry Homestead in Phillipsburg, NJ
- October 27 - Annual BHPC Walking Tour. This year we will be touring Main Street. More details to follow.
- November 24 - JINGLE ON MAIN - Sponsored by the GBBA. Come visit our booth on Main Street, have your picture taken with John I. Blair, and more!
Blairstown Historic Preservation Committee
*This schedule is subject to change so be sure to check back as each event date approaches.