New Jersey’s Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
ATTENTION: ASSISTANCE FOR RESIDENTIAL UTILITY CUSTOMERS
Click Here to Print a PDF Version of the LIHWAP Notice
Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
The State Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) can help you pay arrears for your water and sewer bills. The program may also be able to help address tax liens due to water and sewer arrears. To get more information and apply, go to waterassistance.nj.gov or call NJ211.
Winter Termination Program
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs has implemented a Winter Termination Program to prevent service discontinuation for eligible residential customers receiving residential <insert water, sewer, and/or electric as applicable to the local unit> from November 15th through March 15th. Service cannot be disconnected during this period to those residential customers who demonstrate at the time of the intended termination that they are:
- Recipients of LIHEAP, or certified as eligible therefor pursuant to standards set by the New Jersey Department of Human Services;
- Recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF);
- Recipients of Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
- Recipients of Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD);
- Recipients of General Assistance (GA) benefits;
- Recipients of the Universal Service Fund (USF);
- Recipients of the Low-income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP);
- Recipients of benefits under the Lifeline Credit Program; or
- Persons unable to pay their utility bills because of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, unemployment, illness, medically related expenses, the recent death of an immediate family member, and any other circumstances, which might cause financial hardship.
If you meet one or more of the above criteria, please contact Kerri Womack email@example.com if you wish to enroll in the Program. Any financial assistance that a customer receives for water or sewer, the customer shall forward all such benefits to the Township of Blairstown
Further information about the Winter Termination Program can be found at: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/forms/docs/Winter_Termination_flyer.pdf.
Winter Termination Program Self-Certification Form: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/forms/docs/Self_Cert_for_WTP.pdf.
Click Here to be Directed to the NJ Board of Public Utilities Website for Assistance Programs